Tuesday 26 July 2011

MY STOCKHOLM ESCAPE PT 2...

To be back in Stockholm feels like being in a tiny little sleeping village in the countryside...
The streets are almost empty and the atmosphere is so calm, safe and village like it almost doesn't feel like a city. Can also be cause of many people are away on vacation right now...Everyone my age are in couples and you see them in the streets and at cafés dragging around strollers with small kids as some kind of mass movement and I wonder if I missed some trend everyone seem to have adapted or if I should be very happy that I'm not stuck in this sleeping city with two kids unable to live my life and travel where I want whenever I want...
I had a great time so far hanging out with friends, Nanna and Peter & co having dinner at Fiore and then East on friday and on saturday we all (Me, Nanna, Peter, Hedi & co) went to Berns for dinner and after that I went to Kâken to dj with Gustav. I have known Gustav for 15 years, we have been together for 7 years, dj'ing together when I lived in Stockholm for at least 6 years and it is so nice to hang out with people you know that well... I was extremely happy with our set, which went fabulous, crowded dancefloor all night long and afterwards we went back to Berns where Nanna's friend Dixon played. A german dj from Berlin who plays with Sonar Kollektiv which I totally love. His set was AMAZING  and we were hanging out in the vip with Payman and some other friends. Later on we did something very Swedish and went to an afterparty at Story Hotel. Great fun. On sunday we had dinner at Lydmar me, Nanna, her friend Abbe from Göteborg, his amazingly cute and cool daughter Aiko, 7 years old, Peter, Eva and Jonas. After the dinner we went up to the terasse and some other friends joined and we were sitting  there drinking rosé, smoking cigarettes and listening to the dj who played really good chilled out stuff. The night continued at F12 where I used to hang out and dj 10 years ago when I lived in Stockholm. I went a little nostalgi-sad when I talked to the new bouncers and they didn't even know who Jeppe was (a bartender who worked at F12 for several years) and I was thinking that things will never be the same and that it is very significant that a new generation is out there taking over our clubs now...
Well, I guess that's life :)
On monday I had a cosy girls dinner with Nanna at Halv Grek + Turk, (her bf's restaurant) and then I was invited to some movie premiere for a Swedish film called "Kiss Me" at Rigoletto, Kungsgatan. I was a bit late so I missed the first 45 min of the movie, but it didn't matter that much since it was 2,5 hours long and during the "thank you speeches" I found my friends Gustav and Johan who invited me and had been like 3 meters from me on the balcony the whole time but I couldn't see them cause of the dark. We went to Riche where I got some free champagne from the nice bartender who is a friend and then we went to the afterparty at Victoria at Kungsan where we met up with an old friend; Pata Andersson who I became friend with 13 years ago at the now legendary club "Fritz's Corner" when he studied film at a filmschool. Now Pata is the boss of the biggest filmcompany in Sweden and helped us get in smoothly to the afterparty. José Gonzales was doing an acoustic performance and he is so fantastic that guy. Afterwards some guy from the french group "Nouvelle Vague" dj'd together with some young kids in their 20's who really sucked, played shitty music and couldn't even do mixes (sorry, but that's the truth) I wonder if I was that bad in the beginning, -I probably was :-)
Then the boys went to F12 but I was cooked and didn't have any more forces and really had to sleep, so I took a cab home...
Tonight I'm gonna have dinner at an italian restaurant with one of my best girlfriends Rebecka who I haven't seen since a long time and that's gonna be lovely...
Ps) I hi- lighted some of the places for you guys who doesn't know Stockholm that well)
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment